Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday Toe Painting

Not really. But wouldn't a pedicure be nice?

Today I am tackling my wardrobe. I still have a lot of maternity clothes in my closet and dresser. You know as soon as I get rid of them we'll have a surprise pregnancy.

Also I unboxed all of my non-maternity clothes, and only about one-tenth of them fits or probably ever will again. What to do? (This is a real question, feel free, no, PLEASE I'm begging you to give advice. Wardrobe advice.)

Last night the EGE rushed home from work by 7 p.m. so I could attend our rural school board meeting. Laura and I went; I was the only parent there who is not employed by the school district. The school across the road from us is on the chopping block. We are down to 53 students, and even I can understand why it doesn't make economic sense to keep it open. But if they bus my girls 22 miles away, I gotta be honest, we'll be homeschooling. We contemplate that option all the time anyway since it seems the girls are very eager learners at home and go to school to twiddle thumbs and try to make friends with tough kids.

Ah, but I digress (as usual). Send me your post-pregnancy wardrobe tips.

Shall I go directly to the mu-mus? (How does one spell that, 'cuz if I'm going to wear them, I ought not misspell it.) Straight to the shapeless, do not pass go? Possibly some creative undergarments might help? A modern corset, perhaps? I can't wait to hear from you as I am likely donating nine-tenths of my clothes this afternoon. We can't have me running around the countryside in my vast collection of cute vintage aprons. And I can't exactly wear realtor chic while feeding horses and watering chicks. Help! S.O.S!

Did I mention I have to have my portrait taken for a billboard this afternoon? Bigger than life, in more ways than one. So hurry!

8 comments:

Toni said...

I had my first pedicure about three weeks ago. It was heavenly. I think doing that once a month would be a dream.

Unfortunately, I have no suggestions for you regarding your wardrobe, or lack thereof. Good luck with that.

Miri said...

good luck with that
yikes

i may have to break into
haiku

do you know how that goes?

Anonymous said...

okay, laughing.. b/c my little man is almost 12 months.. none of my pre-mat clothes fit.. of course I've basically been pregnant 6 years straight... I broke down last week and bought new ones.. only for the season spring/summerish so I can try and get my weight down...i've begged and borrowed from my mum the past while... everything in my body's shut down after this baby and i'm retaining water like i'm still pregnant! ack!
so i'm there with you... btw, the moo moos are comfy!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

oh yes, and pedicures.. gave myselfe one .. well 3 actually this week my feet are so gross.. lol.. starting to look a little better now!

Katie said...

Isn't it time we scheduled our annual pedi? I am thinking so. By the looks of my tootsies, I have been a cavewoman for the winter.

Yikes!

I love how Amydeanne spelled moo-moo. It seems so much beeter if you picture yourself as a real-life cow! ROFLOL! I will have too look up the spelling of that word.

OMGoodness!

Alexis said...

I got a "moo moo" for Christmas one year from one grandmother, and promptly passed it along to another grandmother before the week was out. I was offended.

Now that I look back, I kind of wish I'd tried that puppy on. It might have been dreamy! Hides the lumps and bumps and blobs and globs of body stuff that you don't want to show off, but nicely showcases your feet. Which need a pedicure. Because that's the only thing people will look at. Because they will be laughing at you for wearing a "moo moo".

Ei said...

Dangit I was hoping for real advice here. My youngest is six and I have no excuses (oh ok, I've got a few, but no one cares). I really want Tim Gunn to come and take me away.

Mokihana said...

Correct Hawaiian spelling is:

mu'umu'u.

Moo-oo-moo-oo.

Lotsa people pronounce it moo-moo.

There! Hawaiian lesson for the day!