Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Different Kind of Bottle

Can I electrocute myself if I am pumping milk -- you know what I'm talking about -- and keyboarding at the same time? Can I cause permanent hickey damage if I get so engrossed in reading that I leave the pump on too long? Basically what I want to know is whether there is a limit I should be placing on the multitasking?

Tomorrow I am going to leave Laura for the first time ever. She will be four months old on the 15th and I am worried because I don't feel even a little bit guilty. I have lost the mommy guilt. Maybe it's in my messy bedroom. And before you get all excited, you should know: there will be no pictures forthcoming. I have learned my lesson. I will never again air my literal dirty laundry (in pictures anyway). So that was fun while it lasted. But I can't get a new post up quickly enough, now can I?

So Laura and Grace are going to a babysitter tomorrow. I am happy to be a SAHM (and almost as happy that I am only five to 10 years behind in jargon and therefore I know what SAHM means). Yeah, I'm happy to stay home... but I'm ECSTATIC to go out by myself tomorrow morning. Holy quietude, I will be alone in the Suburban. I don't even care that it's meant to be about real estate (a miracle happened and an offer came in on one of my listings) and engineering (I have to place ads for drafters for the EGE's company) and groceries (yeah, we're out of food again).

I can play something other than Toddler Time on my stereo! I can roll the windows down or up or halfway in between. I can stop for Dutch Brothers without buying any "not so hot" chocolates! Oh, happy day.

Now I've pumped two bottles full. She should be fine. I'll let you know whether the guilt is ever recovered... for now I am so looking forward to my day out.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? I'm thinking a little alone time might just help you with the little problem you have - as witnessed on the previous post with the kitchen picture.

Go and enjoy! And then do it again next week.

Alexis said...

Yet another reason we're all glad you don't have a webcam...