Monday, May 5, 2008

OH the Coop-Y-Ness!

My chicken coop is 99 percent done. All it lacks is a door and paint. We are buying paint today; the EGE will finish the door tonight.

I am now officially addicted to a site I visited for the first time yesterday. And of course I'm worried about myself, because there's probably no 12-step program for addictive personality as strong as all that. You have to go see it, because she's sick today and trying for 100 sympathy posts. I can totally respect that.

I'm sick today too. I'm not just saying that for the posts. But PLEASE post your condolences. It would be ever so pathetic if I helped the navel gazing goddess reach 100 posts and then I had, like, one.

My sickness is like this: fever, pounding inner ear, and most importantly, I have no voice. This is making the EGE very happy. He likes his peace and quiet A LOT. That's why God punished him, I mean blessed him, with four daughters.

We tried to balance out the noisiness of girl-o-rama with a move to the boondocks, which is very well documented to make no sense. There's a goat farm across the road, right next to the country school and the church. Goats are very, very noisy, especially the babies. I have just learned that this may be why they call them kids.

I just keep typing while I wait for a picture to load. Oh, the joys of dial-up. Now I'm going to leave you with this picture of Fabio... I mean my husband, the Eng-Gen-Eer and master coop builder.



9 comments:

Katie said...

Ok poor EGE! He looks miserable in that picture. He also looks like he is wearing a yamaka (?) doesn't he??

What a dear for re-thinking the coop design.

Have fun picking out the paint color!

Misty said...

Feel

Misty said...

soon!

Misty said...

to

Misty said...

be

Misty said...

sick!

Misty said...

so there you go... not a hundred... and not from loads of different people, but your health was worth my fighting with your word verification so many times!!! I do hope you feel better soon! (perhaps these are the side effects of too-much-fairy...)

Alexis said...

I'm excited to see the finished work on your coop! Oh - and get well soon!! If you don't, at least make sure to post about how miserable you are so we can all post sympathetic comments. :)

Toni said...

I saw 11 comments and thought, whoa I'm going to post about being sick and see how many comments I can get. I could also give something away. That seems to get attention too. Maybe a used travel alarm clock that sounds like it is sick when it goes off. No go huh? Well, I hope you are feeling better soon.