Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Psalm 55 NIV ... better than anti-anxiety meds

1-6 Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught at the voice of the enemy, at the stares of the wicked; for they bring down suffering upon me and revile me in their anger. My heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death assail me. Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me. I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest....18 He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me. ...

2 comments:

Amydeanne said...

I read the psalms a lot when i was on my meds! It's so true... he knows our pain and anguish!

God Bless you!! and thanks for visiting my blog!!!

Misty said...

i agree... that is some good comfort right there!