Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Really? Or: The bedazzled dog

Just a little peak into why we might put the glass ornaments on a twig tree rather than the real one. Laura, the intrepid table/tree climber.

Also treating you today to a mortifying but oh-so-real glimpse of my farmhouse floor on a recent day.

Which brings me to the point.
.
Um.
.
Something about middle age intersecting with parenting toddlers and babies and pre-teens maybe? It appears I forgot my point sometime between sweeping and changing diapers. Luckily it's Christmas break, or so I say, so no school today to further clutter my feeblish thought process.
.
Oh yes! I was going to say something about, "Today I knew I'd lost my mind when I considered an embroidered or maybe beaded sweater for the dog." (Still 'with it' enough to be ashamed of that thought.)
.
And then I noticed that, in addition to looking very cute with a hair bow (!) said dog sleeps beneath the "breakable" tree, which I spray painted directly over the "thankful" tree (after preserving its inscribed, dated leaves in a scrapbook). Not that I craft much.
.
It's happening, dear reader. Next time you visit my couches will be covered in plastic slipcovers. I'll start with 101 bazaar (bizarre?) items that can be created from a Clorox bottle and move on to crocheted carseat covers.
.



No comments: