Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Found my Christmas

For some reason I had a hard time articulating the way this Christmas has felt to me.
I read a little story over at a lovely writer's site and then I understood something new about myself. Isn't that the best kind of reading, after all? I was missing my Christmas.
Not for the hustle and bustle of it all. I haven't been near the mall this year... nor even the specialty shops. Not a single online "doorbuster" has busted thanks to me.
We've loved the handmade, homegrown Christmas of our own little family's creation.



And we've not forgotten, of course, the reason for the season: Jesus Christ come to Earth for love's sake.



But the joy? The joy was somehow muted until yesterday, when a box full of dress-up clothes, some superfun friends, and the Bible story read aloud brought it all out in me.





I was missing my Christmas. But I found it.
Merry Christmas, dear friends. May God bless your season abundantly.



4 comments:

Barb Matijevich said...

Loved this so much.

Barb Matijevich said...

Oh! And thank you for both reading and GETTING me.

CaraDD said...

So glad the day was good for you. My Christmas is still a little fleeting...coming and going at will, but it was wonderful to see all of you.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Sometimes those moments are just what we need...