Friday, May 14, 2010

Field (forest) trip!

In the interest of alleviating cabin fever and addressing spring fever, the Suite family school took a little "field" trip yesterday, ostensibly also for leaf and tree identification.
We found some Oregon Grapes.


Maples and ferns and more.


And some fresh air, fresh perspective.
.
I'm not sure how much longer we'll conduct formal school this season. It seems our table time is dwindling. But the girls are still reading and writing every day. And at least three or four times a week we work on math. Scrabble and chess and other strategy games fill in a lot of the blanks.
The spring fever stirring, the garden calling, the new baby on the way.
.
To further prove my capricious nature I told my husband last night (after the super fun and successful field trip) that we may as well continue school through the summer this year. But then the sun came up (and out) this morning and I'm thinking maybe we'll just make some bread and start some yogurt and go outside again for the day.


3 comments:

CaraDD said...

Go! Go! Run amok! Fly, be free!

Alexis said...

I'm going to have to second Cara's vote :D

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Enjoy the weather! I say get out there and soak it up!