Friday, June 18, 2010

Makes me happy



The pretty little cherry tree and its valiant first-year fruiting effort makes me so happy each time I wander through our tiny orchard.



And you know what else makes me happy? The way the girls "decorated" the inside of the rabbit habitat. It sits between the chicken yard and the orchard, so the bunnies have a nice view no matter which way they look.

If you are reading this now, it does not necessarily mean I have not yet had the baby. Nor does it mean I have. And it CERTAINLY doesn't mean I've gained the patience I need for the long haul.

Why is it that I keep hearing stories of women who were pregnant three and four weeks after their due date? Clearly I'm hanging out with the most patient crowd of induction-averse, trust-your-body weirdos. And you know what they say about the company one keeps.

I trust my body alright. I just don't want to think about it anymore. So I'll keep meandering around my yard, contemplating the rabbit hutch and the cherry trees and pretending I'm uberpatient and Earth-mother-like.

And if you know me in real life, try not to let on what a whiner I am in between bouts of heroic peace and calm. K?

No comments: