Wednesday, May 27, 2009

All Things Bright and Beautiful

Grace with a dropped blossom.

A nest of dried grass and lint and wool.

I think they want to make friends.


***
New neighbor update:
I do think I ought not fume and post, people. It's just never a good idea.
They're still there. Their large blue-and-chrome motor home perpetually in my view as I garden, their Pit Bull barking as I garden in the beds beside my front porch, their parking job changing the traffic of the school bus and their existence changing the way I think about my rural life.
How blessed am I to have a home, to have dirt of my own to plant tomatoes and chard, to be able to lock my doors at night and call my harmless and goofy Retriever in from the yard? How blessed am I to know that I will have a next meal (or 90) at the same table, changing tablecloths to match the flowers my girls brought in? The working showers, the stuffed bookcases, the mommy time-outs.
The new (temporary) neighbors initially made my skin burn as though I were covered in fire ants. But that's moving on as surely as they will. They've brought a new element to the road. I think I'll call it gratefulness.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Did you hit your head whilst out in the garden?

Just checking.

;)

Heather said...

They must be growing something in their greenhouse if you know what I mean.
P.S. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of sweet lil' Gracie, that's a framer!

Misty said...

I think we all could use a shift in perspective, from time to time... You're inspiring me to leave my own pity party and look for my change now.

Tracy said...

What great photos!

QuiltedSimple said...

You are so good. I'd still be fuming. I love the picture of your daughter with the bloom - that is just to precious for words.
Kris

Anonymous said...

Very pretty pictures!

Alexis said...

Beautiful Gracie! I love that picture of her. I'm kinda fond of the cow one too, but not as much as the sweet little girl one. hehe!

What's the scoop on the not-so-neighborly neighbors? Are they still there?