Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm all over the place

It might seem to you, dear reader, that I'm a bit unpredictable these days. Post, no post, poem, picture. Randomness abounds. Not to worry. It's just a reflection of my season right now, my crazy-beautiful life.

Lately I've been painting a little. That spindle bed for my room... a nice gray-blue. The girls' hideout in the barn loft... a pretty butter yellow.


Lately we've been swimming a little. Laura is intrepid in her alternating nail polish.

Lately I've been baby watching a lot. One particular baby I watch for the smiles.



Lately another baby o' mine has lost three teeth in quick succession (just two missing in that snap) and received notes and silver from the Tooth Fairy.
.
In other Suite baby news: Sarah had her ears pierced and lived to tell about it, Madeleine is in the throes of writing a new top-secret novella, the garden is finally yielding fruit regularly although the rain has now begun in earnest, we are loving our twice-a-month work at a nearby rural "pantry" ministry, homeschool is in full session although illnesses have kept us from attending our cool new cooperative homeschool adventure. The history of our state and the joys of pre-algebra fill our mornings whenever doctor appointments do not.
.
I still feel a change of season, heavier than that of summer-to-autumn. Five children seems much more than four. If possible I have become more hermit-like than ever before. Not sure how long this adjustment will take but I have the oddest feeling that it will occur, with or without my trademark (over)analysis.
.
Thanks for sticking with me. I'd love to have some heartfelt promise of projects and prose and posting regularity, but it's like this for now: I'm all over the place.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Hey Miriam, I feel for you and know exactly what you are going through. Children take up a lot of time whether they are a baby or if they are 18. In the past year my blog has had it's ups and downs with all that has been going on here with the kids. Love the pics and I hope everyone is well. Take Care :)

Anonymous said...

You are in baby mode. Everything is about the kids right now. There will be days for you soon. I almost envy the total submersion of those first few months...almost.

CaraDD said...

You are right where you need to be, but we are missing you.