Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Merry and bright...

 When the light twinkles just so.
 And the performances are all done.
(Nutcracker and It's a Wonderful Life, two icons of Christmas, checked off our list.)

 Time for silly cousins to have some fun.
 Remembering the reason we love, the reason we live.
 It's quiet at the farm.
For two weeks (minus a day or two) we had no drama, no dance, no classes.
Just scrumptious board games and naps and archery practice in our little woods.
Oh! And I read several books that have been on my list including
Morton's "Forgotten Garden" -- lovely; and Smiley's "Barn Blind" -- an author who amazed me again.
 We, like many of you, opened some gifts.
That girl does not like her bear. She loves it.
And her nightgown, sewn with love by her grandma and passed down by her sister.
 It's been a deliciously slow end to another fast-paced wonderful year.
I am not making resolutions but I do like to reflect and redirect at this time of year.
How about you?
I wish you a beautiful 2014.

No comments: